Genuine Parts Company is a Parts Store and So much more! We are driven to have the best people on our team to get the right parts to the right place at the right time.
This is the ideal role for a person who truly cares about providing outstanding customer care and interactions with everyone who they come in contact with! As an Automotive Counter Parts Sales person, you are looked at as the ‘face of the retail store’ and the go to person as soon as our customers enter our retail stores.
This is the right opportunity for you if you:
* Genuinely enjoy helping our retail and wholesale customers with their auto parts and service questions.
* Have gained your parts experience by working the automotive industry or have gained your experience tinkering with/repairing cars & trucks through the years
* You are willing to learn all things automotive if you don’t have the background in automotive parts.
* Want to join a team where you can learn and grow your career – the opportunities are endless!
A Day in the life:
* Provide auto parts answers and solutions for our retail and wholesale customers
* Bring customer focus and high energy to our fast-paced stores
* Welcome retail customers into our retail stores and engage to provide a positive consumer experience
* Use technology (computer), cash register, telephone, and paper catalog system
* Use your parts knowledge to assist other team members answer questions for customers
What you’ll need:
* Previous experience in a parts store or automotive industry or at least a willingness to learn all things auto parts.
* High School Diploma or GED. Technical or Trade school courses or degree.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Love fast paced retail environments
And if you have this, even better:
* Background and/or passion for automotive industry, heavy equipment, farm industry, diesel, marine, or dealership.
* Experience in a parts store, auction, retail store, auto body/collision
* Knowledge of cataloging AND/OR inventory management systems, a plus
* Entirely customer-centric (external/internal)
* ASE Certifications
* Past experience working for an Independently owned parts store
Why GPC may just be the right place for you:
* Outstanding health benefits and 401K
* Stable company. Fortune 200 with a ‘family’ feel
* Company Culture that works hard, yet takes care of employees
* Opportunity for accessing multiple career paths, ongoing development, with support from leaders and your team